Math, Garment Fit & Alterations
An introductory level class, to help knitters deal with the math challenges in reading patterns.
- yarn labels and measurements
- yarn substitution
- yardage calculations
- keeping track of pattern repeats
- calculating increases and decreases
How to understand what a pattern fit and sizing, how to decide if a garment will really work for you.
- reading schematics & garment size information
- decoding “finished”, “actual”, “to fit”
- what ease means and how it affects garment fit
- styles and how they fit
- how to choose a style that will work for you
- how to know what size to make
This is all about how read the language of knitting patterns: everything from understanding that pesky gauge info and what to do about it, to coping with all the strange terms and abbreviations, and figuring out how to actually follow the instructions. Suitable for knitters of any skill level who just aren’t sure about the words.